Ideas for keeping the mess contained to one room!
This post contains affiliate links where a small commission is received for the sale of products linked at no additional cost to you. I only partner or promote brands and products that I believe in or have tried myself.
This mudroom has saved my sanity multiple times. When we were making the plans for our house I knew I needed a farmhouse mudroom. I spent hours gushing over those gorgeous mudrooms on Pinterest. I absolutely love the look of the locker style entry but unfortunately that wasn’t in our budget at the time. We found this church pew on Facebook market (with horrid orange fabric covering it) and it fit like a glove! Lets dive into this Farmhouse Mudroom Tour!
- Flooring is from Floor and Decor – details can be found here.
- Gray walls are SW Repose Gray
- The faux shiplap is 1/4″ plywood cut into strips and attached with a nail gun. Paint Color – SW Pure White
- Church Pew is a DIY refresh from an old pew found on facebook market. Its painted with Rustoleum Linen White chalk paint.
- Pantry/Laundry Doors are SW Waterscape
- The Entry door is SW Gauntlet Gray
- Light fixture can be found HERE
- Hi can be found HERE
- Similar metal organizer can be found HERE – used to hold all mail
- Rug – Dollar General
- Olive bucket can be found HERE
- Y’all Come Back is from Hobby Lobby
- Mercantile can be found HERE
- Similar tote bag can be found HERE
- Numbered Hangers were a DIY
- Chevron Arrows were a DIY
- Hunter books can be found HERE
- Home Sweet Home can be found HERE
- Black Buffalo Plaid pillows can be found HERE
- Similar gray plaid pillows can be found HERE
- Baskets are from TJ Maxx (used to hold all shoes)
- Hello can be found HERE
- Other items on the shelf were picked up at Dollar General
The Shelf is made from a 1×10 board stained with brackets from Hobby Lobby. Brackets can be found HERE.
Here you can see that the mudroom also leads into the Laundry Room. This is nice for when we come in from working outside we can just strip everything off and throw it right into the washer without dragging mud and grass through the rest of the house. Neither of these rooms are huge but tut they serve their purpose.
The Family Hub
Ever since my toddler scratched the front of my brand new stainless steal fridge with a magnet I have been anti ANYTHING on the fridge. Now that my kids are in school we need somewhere to hang schedules and newsletters. I had gotten this magnolia chalkboard a while ago but it wasn’t magnetic. I found the magnetic strip at the top from the Target Dollar Spot and used command strips to fasten it to the top. Voila! We have our family hub!
- Similar Chalk Board can be found HERE
- Rae Dunn Magnets can be found HERE
- Metal family can be found HERE
- Key Hooks can be found HERE
I hope you found some inspiration from our Farmhouse Mudroom Tour! Simple storage can save a lot of headache. It is so much easier to keep the house clean when everything has a “home”. Up next will be our Laundry Room! You wont want to miss the stencil that has everyone swooning! If you missed any of the previous rooms they are linked below!